Thursday, April 2, 2009

I feel like there are a thousand different things going on right now. It really isn't much, but it is enough to keep my mind racing, and to keep me from getting a good night sleep. First is, my sweet baby Easton's birthday. I am trying to get her birthday party all together, and I am usually so good about this! Weeks ahead of time, I usually have all the decorations bought, cake ordered, kids outfits bought (you know they all have to coordinate, so pictures look good ; )) and reservations made. I just today finally bought the decorations, and still am not 100% positive on where the actual party will be. OOPS! But I am sure it will all work itself out. But on top of that is just all the emotions. Knowing that this is my last baby, and that she is already a year old! Each baby I feel like I didn't hold them enough, or read to them enough, or teach them enough. I know it is silly, I still have plenty of time with all of them. But there is something so special about reading to a tiny baby and having them stare at you so intently, like you are the only thing in the room. Now, I try to read her a book and she is tearing out the pages, and bouncing on my lap and pulling at my lip. Each birthday is such a reminder of how quickly it all goes by, and reminds me of all the things I wanted to do with them, but just ran out of time.

Also on my mind, is our FANTASTIC trip to Vegas that is coming up. I can't wait. I am so excited to spend a few kid free days with my husband and super-wonderful friends! I am going to bed at night reciting black jack rules.. Always double-down on 11... Always split 6s... Do NOT hit your 12 if the dealer is holding a 14! LOL I love black jack!!! I am nervous about leaving the kids though. We have never left them for more than a night. And I know how hard it will be for the people watching them. But Rick and I deserve this time together! It will be so much fun!
But along with Vegas, I start thinking about my weight. UGGGGG. I can't wait til this is no longer a topic! I just want to be cute again. And I was thinking it would be a piece of cake to be in shape by Vegas.. But alas, I will still have a giant booty while sun-bathing beside the pool at the Mandalay Bay. Oh, well...

One of the main things on my mind is that Rick will be out of town a few weeks. That is always stressful It is impossible to get things done when it is just me! How do single moms do it?? I can't go to the grocery store, I can't take them out to eat, I can't lock them all out of the house until they fall asleep... LOL When Big scary Daddy isn't around, sometimes so yucky attitudes sneak out of those sweet kids!

But that is most of what is going on with me. It is just enough to keep me from being able to relax. I just need to learn to shake things off! Everything always works out just fine!

No comments:

Post a Comment